Home Wrecker Series
The Princess and the Frog
(When Fantasy Collides with Reality)
May 21, 2017
I am really looking forward to sharing with you today what God has laid on my heart for this morning. I believe that it can and will be life changing for all of us regardless of our present situation. God has something to say to all of us today – married – single – wanting to be married and even those wishing that — they had never married.
Before we get into this let’s do a quick very brief survey.
- What do you think are the top 3 challenges that couples will face in marriage today?
- What do you think are the false expectations engaged couple have?
- Which marriages do you think have a better chance of surviving – couples who chose to married or couples that are married because of an arranged marriage?
- Do you think people who married before need premarital coaching?
(comment on results of survey)
I preformed/officiated my very first Wedding ceremony in 1977. Do the math and that is 40 years ago. You know what I have discovered during those 40 regarding marriage? — I have discovered that most couples have no idea what they are getting into when they get married!
To introduce Todays message I found this clip take a look with me:
Princess and the Frog clip from you tube
(Start clip 1:29 seconds in)
In thinking about Home’s and relationships (all kinds of relationships & roles) I got to thinking that one Fantasy that many of us have is that Great Homes, Great relationships just happen! Poof you kiss the bride, groom – FROG and live happily ever after!
To avoid the wrecking ball of fantasy colliding with reality you must be willing to
- Make Difficult Decisions (vs. 26-27)
- Love your spouse more than …
- Be willing to die for them
- Evaluate the Cost (vs.28-30)
- Be Realistic in your evaluation! (vs. 28)
- Be Ready to make peace! (vs. 32)
- Adjust my expectations to life’s Reality (vs.31-32)
- This means we build marriages in a Fallen World
- This means we marriage know we are marrying a sinner
- This means (4 Believers) we expect God is with us
- This means I ever expect your spouse to be responsible for my happiness
- Be Willing to sacrifice for the greater (vs.33)
- Sacrifice is an essential component of a successful marriage
- Sacrifice is a component of being Christ like